Wednesday 20 February 2013

Baby Boy Nappy Cake!

Hi Folks,

I recently attended my first ever baby shower- and it wasn't half bad! Myself and a friend put ourselves forward to help the mum-to-be out and offered to do the decorations, my friend had balloons and banners and I made gift favors, a nappy cake, which was super fun and not as difficult as I thought. We decided the theme should be leopard print (as my friend is pregnant and fabulous) and blue for a boy. 

For the favors I ordered 50 leopard print paper bags from Ebay, and made some light blue labels and then filled them with a handful of blue sweets- blue bon bons, blue jelly bellys etc.


For the Nappy Cake, I used a pack of 45 size 2 newborn nappys and I got the leopard ribbon and blue organza from ebay. Tere are tons of tutorials online for Nappy or "Diaper" cakes, but this is the one I thought was the best:

And here's how it came out- apologies for my cat photo bombing one of the pictures...





The mum-to-be seemed to really like it and it looked great as a center piece with all the other baby gifts surrounding it too. I cant wait to make another one!

Hayley xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment