Sunday 7 October 2012

Amazing Autumn Fabrics

Hey Folks, 

Autumn is my favourite season! Everything looks really pretty, especially the English countryside AND I can get out my much loved tights, boots and knits! I think it's safe to say the typical English Summer was in full effect this year, but lets just forget all about that and focus on a beautiful autumn.

So I put on my thick PJ's, sat down with a nice hot cup of tea and the radiator on and became slowly but surely obsessed with woodland animal themed fabric! Here are my Top Five Autumn/Fall Fabrics I'm trying not to buy right now! (Trying and failing)


1. Little Red Riding Hood Print- by Aneela Hoey for Moda


Part of her "A Walk in the Woods" range. It also comes in baby pink, baby blue and grey. I really love her whole Walk In The Woods collection, which also has cute woodland themed foxes, toadstools and sparrow print. I think this fabric would look amazing paired with some red gingham! It can be found at a good price for U.K at Quilty Pleasures and is stocked in various US shops too. 

2. Illustrated Squirrells at Fabric Rehab


Squirrels! I'm nuts about this fabric (see what I did there), it's being stocked here at: Fabric Rehab UK but I'm unsure of the designer, so I can't tell you much about it- other than LOOK AT THE SQUIRRELS! I think it's a UK only stockist. Anyway, cute squirrel stamped fabric- Squirrels! 


3. Bears in Woods by David Walker


Bears in woods from David Walker's Get Together collection features fun loving animals cavorting across this adorable fabric. I really love David Walkers inexpensive geometric prints- I usually find geometric print really dull, but I love the twist of using cute animals rather than just block shapes.  This collection also features some little piggies and bird fabrics that are worth checking out, you can find Bears in Woods in this U.K retailers: Stay Stitching or for USA here is a good place to find the whole collection: Hawthorne Threads

4. Pet Deer by Michael Miller

Love this fawn themed fabric by Michael Miller, it's just been released for his newest Orchid Spa collection. Its a really versatile fabric and would look amazing paired with the polka dot fabrics of the same colors that are also featured in this collection. It can be found for a good UK price here: Funky Kitsch or you can go straight to his US website (which I've lost hours of my life too!) Michael Miller.

5. Red Owls on Natural by Kokka Japan


This sweet little owls fabric is really trendy for this season, I think this simple print is freaking adorable. Kokka Japan do a real variety of Japanese cute "Kawaii" inspired fabric, and i'd recommend them to anyone- all there stuff is very different- but always fun, bright prints, perfect for kids projects. This fabric can be found for UK here: Fabric Inspirations
Or a great place to find their stuff for USA is: Fabric Worm.


I love fabric shopping! I just wish I could afford them all! I'd love to hear from anyone who is planning on or has already bought these. 

Hayley x 

1 comment:

  1. This fabric and that designing is so good....
    Wow!! This is looking so cool and smooth...
    click it...:https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete