Tuesday 7 August 2012

"Adventure Time" Time!

For those of you who haven't been able to catch this on TV yet (it's on Cartoon Network) I'd recommend doing so as soon as possible. 



Adventure Time is set on Earth after a nuclear explosion which resulted in the near extinction of the human race. Sounds pretty grim, but I haven't told you the best bit- the world is now is inhabited by the Candy People!  


And The Candy Kingdom, is in fact a lovely, lovely place to live,apart from occasional villains- but even the main Villain, the Ice King, is a bit rubbish (and has some serious loneliness issues). The only known human is Finn, a young boy of about 13 who goes around having Adventures and being a hero with his best friend Jake, a dog who can manipulate the size and shape of any part of his body, Oh and they live in an amazing tree house.

This show is JOKES. Its funny, nerdy, weird, full of awesome and has its own unique, creative style- as such Adventure Time is my CRAFT THEME OF THE MONTH and has inspired me to make the following items (on and off- I've not had a lot of time due to moving house this month, see previous post on my rubbishness)...


The characters I focused on we're Finn, Jake and Lumpy Space Princess- mainly because these are relatively simple characters and i'm still hand sewing everything! 

The items are:
A small (12cm high) Finn Doll made from Felt
A Jake Felt pencil case
A little (4cm high) LSP hanging charm.
A Finn "Pin" Face brooch. 

I also made Finn's Sword out of Hama beads- but it broke when I tried to put a key ring on it


Some of these fan items will be on sale in my Etsy shop.

More information on Adventure Time can be found here:



No comments:

Post a Comment